- The customer pulls into a wash bay and gets out of the vehicle.
- Using cash or a credit card, they activate the wash equipment.
- The customer washes their own vehicle using a soft bristle brush, a high pressure water nozzle / chemical applicator, and sometimes additional accessories like a triple foam applicator, or a blower to dry the vehicle.
- There are also self-service vacuums on the site for customers to use.
- Pricing is based on time, not specific wash services, which is unlike other washes.
- Self-service car washes often have additional profit centers like vending or an in-bay automatic car wash.
For Self-Service product information, see ICS Product Solutions.