- Express Exterior Washes are Easier to Manage
- At an express exterior wash, labor becomes almost a fixed expense. The replacement of service advisers and production employees with automation reduces your labor requirement to only two or three employees on site. This allows longer hours of operation and fewer employees on the payroll.
- Low price points and free vacuums produce extremely high volumes. Express exterior washes are much easier to manage making them easier to replicate at multiple locations.
- The top three complaints historically from full-service car wash customers are speed of service, quality of vacuuming, and quality of interior window washing. All three of these complaints disappear as the wash usually takes only three to five minutes, and the customer is responsible for vacuuming and window washing.
- High Volume
- Express exterior washes require high volumes to be successful making proper site selection even more critical. The tradeoff for higher volume is considerably lower per car ticket averages.
- Equipment Service
Equipment service becomes much more critical as volumes increase, and the overall cost to build is expensive due to the need for a longer tunnel, and more equipment to produce a clean, dry car without prepping or finishing.