Here's How the Fuel Pump Interface Works
Our experience has shown that selling car wash services at the pump not only increases volume at the car wash, it also increases volume at the gas station. Customers appreciate the convenience of being able to make both purchases at one time, and the two profit centers share the same customer base.
- The Fuel Interface, Net FuelTM, works like this:
- Customers activate the gas pump purchase screen.
- Customers are offered multiple wash offerings.
- Customers can pay with credit card at the pump or inside with the cashier.
- A unique wash code is generated by the Tunnel Master or WashConnect management system for the selected wash package and is printed on the fuel receipt. Also, a corresponding bar code prints on the receipt.
- The wash code can be programmed along with an expiration date that prints on the gas pump receipt.
- WashConnect replication of data ensures that the wash codes can be used at all of your sites literally in a minute or two from the time you receive the code and is valid until the expiration date.
- The fuel pump interface works with the Auto Sentry flex payment terminal or Auto Sentry Petro payment terminal with or without a bar code scanner.
- The customer enters the wash code on the touch screen keypad or passes the receipt under the bar code scanner or gives the receipt to a cashier at the wash.
- The Auto Sentry then can offer additional services in a package upgrade or a-la-cart.
- After the unique wash code is redeemed, the number will be deactivated permanently so it can't be used again at any of your locations, protecting your sales from fraud.
Note: Bar code scanners are optional and must be purchased at the time of your Auto Sentry original purchase. Bar code scanners cannot be added to your Auto Sentry at a later date.