The PLC Automation Engineer is the final escalation point for issues around PLCs, VFD, Motor Starters, Industrial Controllers, and automation controls that cannot be resolved by levels 1 & 2 support staff. This position is capable of troubleshooting and resolving the most difficult and complicated issues.
This individual is an expert in their field and is responsible for not only assisting support personnel, but with the research and development of solutions to new or unknown issues. This position works closely with Field Installation, Product Management and Product Development. The Engineer is responsible for developing, enhancing and executing documented procedures, focusing on real-time analysis and troubleshooting of escalated issues.
Potential Candidates Must Meet The Following Requirements
- Diploma in Industrial Electronics and 2 years related experience/training or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Minimum 2 years, preferred 5 years of strong experience working with VFDs, PLCs, Motor Starters, Industrial Controllers and Automation controls. Is familiar with panel building and wiring.
- Preference will be given to candidates familiar with Hydraulics, Pneumatics and Integration of machine controls.
- Proven conceptual problem solving expertise.
- Working level experience with MS operating systems.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Good organizational and inter personnel communication skills.